Built in 2014 the Labuan Central Market is a modern complex intended to replace the old public market.
Here, you will find over 150 traders selling local delicacies such as sambal sticks, sago slabs, ragi balls, ambuyat, tapai, cakes and the usual meat, fish, vegetables and dried seafood as well as fishing equipment, home decorative items, clothing and accessories.
The Labuan Central Market complex consists of the multiple-storeyed main market building, food court, offices and parking lots.
Urban Transformation Center (UTC)
The UTC is a one-stop center providing various government and private sector services to the local community.
Established in 2016, it is located on the ground and first floors of the Labuan Central Market complex.
Facilities include a gymnasium, child care center and UTC cafe. The governmental agencies and private statutory bodies operating in Labuan UTC are as follows:
- National Registration Department
- Immigration Department of Malaysia
- Youth and Sports Department
- Royal Malaysia Police
- Klinik 1Malaysia
- Labuan Corporation
- Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives & Consumerism
- Malaysian Fisheries Development Authority
- National Economic Entrepreneur Group (TEKUN) Fund
- Zakat Distribution Center Zakat & Federal Territory Islamic Religious Council (MAIWP)
- Native Courts (Mahkamah Anak Negeri)
The UTC is open daily from Monday to Sunday (except public holidays), 8.00am to 9.00pm.
Tel: +6087 451 248 / +6087 451 249